You are here
April 2020 - Present: Front End Developer, Degreed
Build and support the front end of Degreed's public platform, with a focus on administrative tools to allow client's the ability to customize their users' experience of the platform. Work with Angular (JS and modern), Jest, SCSS, npm, and other front end tooling. Contribute to team discovery and direction.
September 2019 - March 2020: Senior Software Engineer, Her Campus Media
Managed websites across multiple Her Campus properties. Handled full-stack Drupal 7 and 8 development on hercampus.com and the InfluenceHer Dashboard.
August 2015 - September 2019: Front End Developer, Velir
January 2016 - May 2018: Instructor, Harvard Extension School
Taught courses relating to Drupal, including team-teaching DGMD E-25 Introduction to Web Content Management Systems Site Development's Drupal segment and as primary instructor for CSCI E-15C Developing for Drupal 8.
April 2012 - Present: Web Communications Production Specialist, Harvard SEAS
Maintained and developed applications relating to the public facing SEAS website. Managed Drupal sites and developed custom modules. Designed front end tools in jQuery or d3. Trained site content maintainers.
July 2004 - March 2012 : Web Programmer, Kenyon College
Maintained and developed public-facing web sites and applications. Provided support and trained content maintainers. Evaluated new web tools and services. Managed Kenyon Today (faculty/staff news site). Provided aid in other areas where necessary, including writing for the web and the Alumni Bulletin, graphic manipulation and design, and management of social networking. Advised on usability and accessibility in ongoing design and maintenance of the website.
June 2000 - July 2004: Student Web Developer, Denison University
Acted as liaison to academic departments and offices. Designed and implemented web applications. Trained staff site maintainers. Aided in visual design of site launched in 2003.
2004 - 2017: Co-director, Wolf movie project
Direct, manage, and recruit artist volunteers. Maintain public-facing Wolf site. Develop and maintain home-grown Wolf file-management system. Manage Wolf social marketing through Facebook, YouTube, and other similar sites. Animate and aid in other stages of film development.
- Web languages, APIs, tools, and methodologies
- Strong background in WCAG/web accessibility
- Drupal module development, theming, and administration
- Responsive/Adaptive design
- Comfortable with AWS and Acquia Cloud
- Google custom search API, other Google APIs
- Applications, Languages and Miscellaneous
- Git, Subversion
- Familiar with drush, other command-line tools
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Final Cut Pro, Motion, Audacity
- GIMP, Inkscape
- Pascal, C/C++, MIPS, some Lisp
- Operating Systems
- Comfortable with Windows and Mac OS X
- Linux (Ubuntu, Mint, RedHat)
- Working knowledge of Unix
- Dedicated to designing usable interfaces
- Data visualization experience
- Excels in written communication
- Experienced character animator
- Comfortable with many traditional art mediums, including pencil, ink wash, watercolor, acrylic, clay techniques, collage, etc.
- Graduated May 2015 from the Harvard University Extension School with an A.L.M. in Information Technology
- Graduated June 2004 from Denison University with B.S. in Computer Science/Studio Art.
- Participated in OSU-N's Academy program, completing CIS 102; Intro to Pascal, Fall Quarter 1998.
- Graduated from Newark Catholic High School in Newark, Ohio on June 4, 2000.
- Jeanne Vail Scholarship from Denison Art Department, 2003
- Valedictory Medal from Newark Catholic, June 4, 2000
- All-Ohio Academic Scholar Team 2000
- Heritage Scholarship from Denison University 2000
- Conventional animation, drawing, painting, and sculpture.
- Major concentration in sculpture and drawing.
- Invited to participate in Vail scholarship competition in the Fine Arts at Denison, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Involved in the Wolf project with Silver Sky Animation, a full-length feature animated film being created completely by volunteers.
- Sustainable home food production.
- Raised laying/meat chickens
- Helped maintain 10,000+ sq feet of gardens, and two acres of orchard/berries.
- Enjoys home cheesemaking and would like to expand to dairy goats in the future.